Close

    • Lamborghini Aventador SV vs. Tesla Model X P100D (and Model S) Ludicrous on the dragstrip

      The Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce it not a drag car. It is designed to be an incredible roadcourse performer which shows with it sub-7-minute Nurburgring laptime. The Tesla Model X on the the hand is a one-trick pony.


      It does that trick incredibly well as we saw the other day with an 11.427 @ 118.84 quarter mile pass.

      The Aventador SV was tested by magazines running as quick as 10.4 @ 134.71. This is yet another example of magazine times and real world quarter mile times being very different things.

      The Model X sets a new record with its 11.418 elapsed time. The Aventador wins by just edging the elapsed time but it is much faster trapping 129.38 miles per hour:


      The Model X P100D is the quickest and fastest SUV in the world. The Lamborghini Aventador is a completely different kind of car.


      If you want to see this same Aventador SV in some more runs against a Model S P100D, here you are:


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Lamborghini Aventador SV vs. Tesla Model X P100D (and Model S) Ludicrous on the dragstrip started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 19 Comments
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        I love how there were headlines all over this week: $500,000 lambo smoked by electric SUV!!!

        Do we know if the SV was using LC? Looks like it left a lot of time on the table out of the hole.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        That was a weak launch. Guy didn't even bother getting the tires hot. I can believe that it's a 10sec car with a driver who knows what they're doing. The DA was not great at 1932 at the time of that run, so it corrects to an 11.029@132.41mph. 8 tenths and 2mph off from the magazine test. Improbable, yes. But not completely impossible.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        That was a weak launch. Guy didn't even bother getting the tires hot. I can believe that it's a 10sec car with a driver who knows what they're doing. The DA was not great at 1932 at the time of that run, so it corrects to an 11.029@132.41mph. 8 tenths and 2mph off from the magazine test. Improbable, yes. But not completely impossible.
        Get the tires hot? What do you propose he does to do that? Get that 60' down to the 1.6 the car should cut with a hard launch and it would have been banging on magazine times. Factor in those were probably v-box numbers with roll-out and incorrectly measured trap and its there.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Get the tires hot? What do you propose he does to do that? Get that 60' down to the 1.6 the car should cut with a hard launch and it would have been banging on magazine times. Factor in those were probably v-box numbers with roll-out and incorrectly measured trap and its there.
        Uh. A burnout?
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        Uh. A burnout?
        Want to take a guess as to what the '4' stands for in Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce?
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Want to take a guess as to what the '4' stands for in Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce?
        Never seen an AWD burnout, huh?

        (hint: YouTube is full of Aventadors doing precisely that)
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        Never seen an AWD burnout, huh?

        (hint: YouTube is full of Aventadors doing precisely that)
        A. The car bogged. This car, and all but the most extreme AWD builds, already had too much traction for the launch as it was. Did you see UGR do burnouts when they run their 2,000whp cars? (no.)

        B. I've yet to see a true AWD 'burnout' that would actually put any meaningful heat in the tires.

        C. Please show me the videos of the burnouts. All I could find were a few doing donuts. Please show me a car doing donuts in the burnout box at the strip.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        A. The car bogged. This car, and all but the most extreme AWD builds, already had too much traction for the launch as it was. Did you see UGR do burnouts when they run their 2,000whp cars? (no.)

        B. I've yet to see a true AWD 'burnout' that would actually put any meaningful heat in the tires.

        C. Please show me the videos of the burnouts. All I could find were a few doing donuts. Please show me a car doing donuts in the burnout box at the strip.
        I've been around for awhile, and in both AWD Talons and AWD Porsche TT I never had any problem getting heat in the tires. And regardless of what you think, it's needed even in non-2000hp cars. At least a quick 2sec burnout to get any grit off the tires is pretty common practice.

        And I don't need to prove anything to you so go look it up yourself. Google is pretty easy to use if you really care to put in any effort. I don't care either way.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        And regardless of what you think, it's needed even in non-2000hp cars. At least a quick 2sec burnout to get any grit off the tires is pretty common practice.

        And I don't need to prove anything to you so go look it up yourself. Google is pretty easy to use if you really care to put in any effort. I don't care either way.
        Seriously, please show me a 2 second burnout in an AWD car.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Seriously, please show me a 2 second burnout in an AWD car.
        You can't be serious. Have you ever had a high-power AWD car? Or been in one.
        Here's one. It's the first one that showed up in a search. Quick burnout to clean the tires and get them a little sticky.



        Here's a better one



        I'll try to find one from my 996 TT.


        It's not unusual. At all.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        I'm still waiting for a 2 second AWD burnout. All I see is cars sitting in the water box, spinning the tires for about a quarter of a second, and dragging water to the starting line. I'm willing to bet those guys did more harm than good (for them and the next few cars down the strip) for their launch with those efforts. You can literally see the water that was dragged up to the line in first video. There is a reason people drive around the water box and back in when doing a real burnout. FWD guys that put their front tires in and drag water to the line has been a huge source of conflict between the FWD and RWD crowds since the beginning of time.

        A quick scratch to clean the tires off, like done at :25 here, sure.

        Note: not done from water box when going for ET. Find videos from the same cars you posted going for a record and I'm willing to bet they drive up to the line and take off without prep. Those are most likely 'look what we can do!' stunts.

        Effective AWD burnout to put meaningful heat in the tires, like so?

        Yet to see a real one.

        Furthermore, watch an Aventador when using launch control.

        It gets just enough wheelspin to keep from bogging. The car in the initial post rolled off the line. A 'burnout' would have done zero for it.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        I'm still waiting for a 2 second AWD burnout. All I see is cars sitting in the water box, spinning the tires for about a quarter of a second, and dragging water to the starting line. I'm willing to bet those guys did more harm than good (for them and the next few cars down the strip) for their launch with those efforts. You can literally see the water that was dragged up to the line in first video. There is a reason people drive around the water box and back in when doing a real burnout. FWD guys that put their front tires in and drag water to the line has been a huge source of conflict between the FWD and RWD crowds since the beginning of time.

        A quick scratch to clean the tires off, like done at :25 here, sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSAvVmFmBlA

        Note: not done from water box when going for ET. Find videos from the same cars you posted going for a record and I'm willing to bet they drive up to the line and take off without prep. Those are most likely 'look what we can do!' stunts.

        Effective AWD burnout to put meaningful heat in the tires, like so? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-6xmOGu4w

        Yet to see a real one.

        Furthermore, watch an Aventador when using launch control. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NkV2Xe7ZYw

        It gets just enough wheelspin to keep from bogging. The car in the initial post rolled off the line. A 'burnout' would have done zero for it.
        You don't even have a clue. Goodbye.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        You don't even have a clue. Goodbye.
        Seriously, go watch videos where awd records are being set. Set tire pressure properly, no burnout, no tire scratch. Drive to the line. Take off. It's that simple. You should take a look. It might save you an axle and your clutch will thank you without question Click here to enlarge
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Seriously, go watch videos where awd records are being set. Set tire pressure properly, no burnout, no tire scratch. Drive to the line. Take off. It's that simple. You should take a look. It might save you an axle and your clutch will thank you without question Click here to enlarge
        I don't need to watch videos. Unlike you, couch-jockey, I've actually been there and done that. So I'm finished here. Good luck.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        I don't need to watch videos. Unlike you, couch-jockey, I've actually been there and done that. So I'm finished here. Good luck.
        Well, maybe if you'd learn from others who have also "been there, done that"... and set records, instead of the 'I know everything' approach, you'd learn you can set the same times, or faster, without beating the $#@! out of your drive-train.
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Tough to beat those Teslas from a dig.... they are not as strong from a roll though.... but they do take off fast with instant torque and are easy to drive...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Do we know if the SV was using LC? Looks like it left a lot of time on the table out of the hole.
        Looked like it bogged out of the hole to me.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        Tough to beat those Teslas from a dig.... they are not as strong from a roll though.... but they do take off fast with instant torque and are easy to drive...
        I get supreme enjoyment out of beating Teslas.
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Many just assume its just a sedan and are not on high alert, you and I both know the trick is not to let it get too ahead off the bat, then you can start pulling it if you are a 125+ Mph trapper.....